Welcome to an experiment in blogging

This is a new experience for me and it's not something I was very likely to do! A good friend of mine decided to begin a blog of her own to give her a chance to write and write with something of a focus....golf! We belong to the Western New Mexico Lunatic Fringe Golf Association, where our rules most definitely differ from most. My friend's blog chronicles our exploits on the golf course and often the writing has at least something to do with the game of golf.

During a frantic period of holiday baking, I had an intense need to write. I had hundreds of cookies to bake in one day but I actually took the time to write about the cookies I was baking. They were from a recipe given to me by a coworker almost 40 years ago and when I realized how long this recipe had been used, year after year for forty years, I was stunned. I decided to use the blog format to chronicle my entry into late middle age, a state of age I'd been in denial about before this.

So here it is, my blog, my life. It's nothing exceptional, so if you're limited on time, move along. I'll be using the blog to work on my writing ability while trying to express my feelings about being where I am right now.

Christmas on Windsor St.

Christmas on Windsor St.
Here she is! Mom & me!

baby, oh baby

baby, oh baby
early family life...where's mom?

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Summer break begins.....

Oh to be playing golf under the warm New Mexican sun in mid May. Graduation day at the college was yesterday and immediately following, there I was, at Civitan Golf Course with my good friend and president of the Western New Mexico Lunatic Fringe Golf League, Vicki.

Although Vicki wasn't able to make many of the golf classes spring semester, she showed off how great a break can be from playing golf and hitting at the driving range at least twice a week. Despite her protestations, she did great, hit straight down the fairway several times and demonstrated her accurate shots to the hole when on the green.

We played with a new friend, Jody, a former city employee who spends many days now on the golf course, usually Pinon Hills or Riverview. She coached us a bit and shared her knowledge of the rules, which we politely accepted but actually don't care too much about.

After golf, Vicki and I shared a new bottle of wine with her husband, sat on their deck and had a group therapy session, celebrating the end of the semester. Life is good when there's a future of days on the golf course, and a break from the rigors of work - hee-ha!

1 comment:

  1. Nice post Joan. Fun reading. Oh it sounds wonderful having that full summer break stretched out in front of you ! Hee-ha!

    ReplyDelete