Welcome to an experiment in blogging

This is a new experience for me and it's not something I was very likely to do! A good friend of mine decided to begin a blog of her own to give her a chance to write and write with something of a focus....golf! We belong to the Western New Mexico Lunatic Fringe Golf Association, where our rules most definitely differ from most. My friend's blog chronicles our exploits on the golf course and often the writing has at least something to do with the game of golf.

During a frantic period of holiday baking, I had an intense need to write. I had hundreds of cookies to bake in one day but I actually took the time to write about the cookies I was baking. They were from a recipe given to me by a coworker almost 40 years ago and when I realized how long this recipe had been used, year after year for forty years, I was stunned. I decided to use the blog format to chronicle my entry into late middle age, a state of age I'd been in denial about before this.

So here it is, my blog, my life. It's nothing exceptional, so if you're limited on time, move along. I'll be using the blog to work on my writing ability while trying to express my feelings about being where I am right now.

Christmas on Windsor St.

Christmas on Windsor St.
Here she is! Mom & me!

baby, oh baby

baby, oh baby
early family life...where's mom?

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The lovely, the eerie, the irritating wind


What the heck is going on here? It's been day after day, after day, of wind. The views are hazy continuously and it's impossible to get anything productive done in the yard without suffering for it later....allergies aggravated, and sinus issues developing as a result of the everlasting wind. Not a day has gone by without wind lately and I am done with it! Is this a new development from global warming? I can't say I remember the extreme wind being a part of springtime 20 years ago - was I just not noticing or is this an insidious outcome of a planet in decline?


Despite the eerie weather, spring planting has begun and the poppies are popping, the roses are blooming and the lilacs have been here and gone. Before the wind begins and when it's done, chores are accomplished, pots get planted and fence pickets get stained and sealed. It's all part of the preparation for relaxing on the patio in the heat of summer when it's too hot to play golf!


Speaking of golf, Katie and I played yesterday at Civitan, and Vicki, the NMLFGA president, joined us for a few holes after she played a round with other local members. It was quite the chilly day to start out, and after the other regular golfers departed, we felt like Civitan was our private course. The day warmed up nicely, the wind subsided, and after playing almost 15 holes, we all departed on our own paths. My own path took me to my own backyard to admire my newest poppy bloom. It's just another day in paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment